Breakfast has always been my favorite meal. My feet hit the floor and I’m ready to eat. No need to wake up, no need to greet the sun, all of that is secondary to eating a hearty breakfast. Even prior to going paleo I had to eat a breakfast guaranteed to fill me up. I’ve never understood how so many people can last until noon on a solitary Pop tart… I would surely die.
I have noticed recently that a lot of people are asking questions about breakfast on the Autoimmune Protocol Diet, since eggs are no longer an option. The lack of eggs can certainly seem daunting, especially to traditional paleo eaters, however there is no need to fret. This breakfast stir fry will fill you up, keep you satisfied, and will quickly make breakfast your favorite meal of the day.
I can usually whip this up in 10-20 minutes, however if you’re on the go and don’t like to cook in the morning you can also make it ahead the night before. The great thing about this is that is very flexible. Sometimes I add turkey, other times I add bacon or sausage…. There are lots of opportunities for variety here so enjoy!
- In your pan, heat up your oil or fat on medium heat while cutting your sweet potato and apple into bite-sized chunks.
- I do not peel the sweet potato, but you certainly can if you want.
- Add the sweet potato and apple to the pan and cover, stirring occasionally and cooking until tender.
- Next, add in your turkey and stir allowing it to heat up for a minute or two.
- Finally, add in a handful of fresh spinach leaves and allow them to wilt. Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy.
For more information on healing through the autoimmune protocol diet, check out Sara Ballantyne’s book The Paleo Approach. It is packed with solid science and practical tips that have changed my health dramatically.